Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Twenty one: Windmills

I apologize for completely falling off the wagon for the the past few weeks. The combination of life craziness, my camera being in Russia, and old fashioned laziness are all to blame.

Week twenty basically just didn't happen, which is my own stupid fault. Our anniversary was July 22nd, and Matt surprised me by coming home that day (best anniversary present ever), but then had to leave again for 2 weeks 3 days later. With my camera. Matt had the opportunity to spend a week in Finland and another week in Russia, and he rightly convinced me to allow my camera to leave my side for those 2 weeks so that he could capture his trip in all its glory. I will be going through his photos this week and begin posting them this weekend. Stay tuned!

Oh, and here's an obligatory wedding shot to commemorate our 3 year anniversary. :)


Last weekend while Matt was gone, I was able to fly up to Lubbock to see my sister and her family. Hooray for sister time! And my best brother-in-law let me borrow his DSLR, which is a better camera than my own. Did I mention that I've been looking at new camera bodies lately? And wishing I could just blow a grand on a new one?

We went out to a big windmill farm/museum in Lubbock for a perfect photographic opportunity on a gorgeous hot day. (My BIL knows me oh too well.)




I love it when the sky is covered in fluffy, cotton-like clouds when I photograph. It's such a perfect backdrop, especially for such rustic subjects.




The interior of the farm was dark, but I managed a few shots and thoroughly enjoyed the better image quality of the D5000 in low light situations.



The windmills made for such a wonderful photo subject, and a huge shout out goes to my BIL for letting me use his nicer camera and taking me here!


And this last shot is my favorite.


Stay tuned for pictures from Matt's trip to Russia/Finland, and this week, I will also be posting some more photos from Japan!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool place to photograph! I love the one with the red-tipped blades, the geometry is so neat. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pictures! I really, really like the third one down (second of the windmills) and the last one. Well done!

    And happy 3 years to you guys! I'm glad you had a special day :)

    -Ruth (blogger doesn't like me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the windmills! Those gorgeous clouds are making me even more determined to get out of Arizona sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete