Wednesday, July 06, 2011

More Seventeen: 4th of July Fireworks

Part of my deep 4th of July nostalgia lies in the tradition of fireworks. I grew up down the street from a country club that put on a full fireworks show every year, and watching it was part of what we did on the 4th of July.

And so, not only did I really want to see some fireworks this year, but I wanted to photograph them, something I've never done before. And I must say, it was magical. What interested me most about some of these photographs were the abstract shapes and lines that were captured with a 1/2 second exposure, shapes you wouldn't see with the naked eye. I love it.

I took well over a hundred photos and edited way too many. Here's a small yet large sampling of my favorites.




















3 comments:

  1. "...small yet large..."

    Friggin' deep is what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That first one is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular, Amanda! The last three might be my favorites.

    ReplyDelete