Sunday, July 10, 2011

Eighteen: Westheimer

The inner city of Houston has some really interesting, eclectic neighborhoods that have popped up over the decades and decades of life this city has bred. One particular area is the Westheimer/Montrose area, a neighborhood filled with restaurants, shops, and bars, most housed in old homes.


One narrow section of the Westheimer is an odd mixture of sketch...


hipster...


and yuppie, all within a few blocks. There are tons of antique shops all mixed in with vintage clothing stores and fancy, expensive restaurants. It's a really fun area to explore, even if it's nearly 100 degrees outside!



I especially loved the antique shops. They're always photographic gold!







I'll say it again and again: I really don't enjoy living in Houston. It's a huge, sprawling concrete hell hole (especially in the summer!), and I can't wait to leave this city. However, every now and then, I discover more and more beauty tucked into corners of the city that I know I'll be sad to say goodbye to. This area of Houston is definitely one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the way you described Houston as a sprawling concrete hellhole is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. Who chooses to live here???

    ReplyDelete