Sunday, June 05, 2011

Thirteen: Old Signage

Matt & I have made it to Japan! I'm sitting right now in the Kyoto conference center where Matt's conference is being held stealing interwebs (our hotel charges for the internet). I was hoping to have more reliable internets here, but that might not be the case. You might see some photo previews while during the week; you might not. But for now, here is week thirteen.

When I ran the Houston half-marathon, there as an area of Houston we briefly ran through that caught my photographic eye. It's an older, rundown, kind of sketchy part of town with old signage and run down businesses that I thought would be wonderful to photograph.


All of these signs had a beauty to their run-down-ness I really loved and screamed to me to be photographed properly.


Because I'm on borrowed internet time right now (and because I have things to see today, because, you know, I'M IN JAPAN [also, it's Monday morning here]), I'll simply post the remaining photos and let them speak for themselves.







1 comment:

  1. Konnichiwa!

    I love the pic of the house! The lines are fantastic. And the colored panes of glass are gorgeous. Great photos, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete