Monday, May 09, 2011

Nine: Discovery Green

Sometimes, I'm not so good about posting on Sunday nights. There was laundry and dinner and tiredness! And then today's been a busy day...and that's why this post is finally going up on Monday night. The end.

Both times I've been at the Houston Marathon, once as a spectator, once as a runner, I've been able to visit Discovery Green, a park in the middle (kind of) of downtown Houston. The finish line is right by the park, so it's a natural gathering place for both spectators and participants to meet up and celebrate. I realized last week that I've never actually explored this park, which is suppose to be fantastic. So, why not now?



The park itself is quite fun and a beautiful spot of green in the middle of concrete land. The view, of course, is nothing one would expect to have in a park!


There's a little man-made lake, stage area, and huge green area where plenty of families and friends gather for picnics, games, etc.




There's also art! Functional art, at that.


This park was lovely, and I'm shocked it took me so long to come and really see it! I'll have to keep my eye out for events/excuses to come back.



And what's a post about a park with at least one flower photo. I happen to be particularly proud of this one.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to take the girls there one day...

    That flower picture is gorgeous. Be very proud.

    ReplyDelete