Sunday, May 01, 2011

Eight: Japanese Garden

It's official. Matt & I are going to Japan next month! We'll be spending a week in Kyoto, and it's going to be amazing.

As Japan was on my mind this weekend, I thought I'd photograph the Japanese Garden that lies in the middle of Houston.


It's quite the beautiful oasis in the middle of the concrete jungle, and I've done a friend's family photos in the garden, but hadn't explored it fully before.



A huge pond with water features lies within the garden with small bridges dotting the tiny streams that flow beyond the pond.




I love all of the stone "art" in the garden. Perhaps they're placed strategically all feng shui like? Either way, they add perfectly to the calming atmosphere in the garden.



And, of course, the typical garden features are just wonderful. It is a garden after all!





Don't forget the ducks! They're always ducks. And I love ducks. This guy let me get so close to him. I kept waiting for him to either run away or attack me. Thankfully, he just posed nicely for me.


I'm overjoyed at the prospect of spending a week immersed in a completely different culture than my own or like any one that I've experienced before. And, of course, I'm beyond excited to photograph Kyoto and the other places we'll visit. I guess I won't have to worry about what I'll be photographing that week!


3 comments:

  1. I love the spider web! Also a fan of the 1st, 3rd, 6th, 8th and last pictures. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I've been shamefully out of touch, because I didn't know you ran a marathon! That's awesome. And these photos are gorgeous. I like uour projec

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should say your project. I'm typing with one hand while baby wrangling.

    ReplyDelete