Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blue: Apollo 13


After I finished my second half marathon in tears yesterday, Matt told me that this race for me was like Apollo 13: terrible things happened and a lot went wrong, but at the end of the day, nobody died.

Yep, that pretty much says it all. I survived a pretty brutal 13.1 miles. And only now are people telling me that running on sand is a terrible endeavor. Why was I not privy to this information before yesterday?!

A fun tidbit: I had this fantasy before I ran my first half last month that, as I approached the finish line and needed to motor it in, "Bohemian Rhapsody" would magically come up on my iPod, giving my that burst of energy to finish strong.

Of course, with 2GB of music on shuffle, the chances of this happening were quite low. And while this didn't happen a month ago, just as I passed the 13 mile mark yesterday within site of the finish line, the unthinkable happened:

"Is this the real life / Is this just fantasy"...

My dream had come true right when I actually needed it. I laughed, sped up, ignored the pain, and headed for the finish line.

On an unrelated note, I just realized that tomorrow is the last day of the month! Which means that tomorrow, I will be taking and posting my last photo as part of my year long, daily photo challenge.

I better make it awesome.

P.S. I will be embarking on a new photo challenge later this week. Details coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. You rock! Congratulations, Amanda!

    I had a similar moment last month, but on a treadmill, at mile 3, and with Lady Gaga ;)

    ReplyDelete