Sunday, January 30, 2011

Self: Finisher


Despite the rain, oppressive humidity, killer side stitches and abdominal cramps, I finished the Houston Half Marathon this morning. While I didn't make my time goal, I still consider it an accomplishment and feel proud of myself for keepin' on despite difficult race conditions.

And...I predict this won't be my last half. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Also, I was way too tired and destroyed by the time we got home, so I lazily told Matt what I wanted in the frame. He took a few shots, and then decided to experiment with my vision, and came out with this fabulous shot. Thanks, Matt. :)

5 comments:

  1. Now THAT is an accomplishment! I've been trying to spot you on the news coverage... but there's a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm,
    1) way to go.
    2) I am seriously coveting that picture. All I had to commemorate my big day was a lame event photo that made me stride look like I had two club feet. . . or I really do run like an idiot.

    Either way, that picture is seriously amazing and you're an amazing girl. On to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya know, my dad hosts marathons and half-marathons in seattle if you are interested. oh and grats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a rough morning to be running. Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete