Sunday, January 02, 2011

January is my month

Isn't January a depressing month? The cheer and joy of Christmas has ended, the harsh of winter sets in...and I turn a year older. Seriously, guys. I'll officially be pushing 30 this year, and the only consolation I have is that...Matt's birthday is less than a month after mine! And he'll be closer to 30 than me this year. Ha ha!

And so this month, my photos will be all about...me! As you saw yesterday, I will be doing a month of self-portraits. This prospect, in all honesty, scares the hell out of me.

Yep. That's right. I feel so intimidated by this project that I dropped a hell.

And because I've never taken a self-portrait until yesterday, I do not have any examples to show you...but, seriously. It's pretty self-explanatory, folks. But do you really want to see more photos of me? Well...okay. Here are a few of my favorite photos Matt has taken of me during our travels.





And again, in all honesty, all of this does make me uncomfortable. I seriously don't like having my photo taken. I wrote about this briefly when I was posting our Scotland photos, and I do wonder amongst photographers if we all do have issues being in front of the camera. I love the creative energy I feel looking through the lens, framing the world I see, and creating beauty out of anything I find. The prospect of seeing that same beauty and awe in photographs of myself is quite daunting. However, I knew from the beginning that I wanted to do a month of self-portraits, and now that I'm 2 months away from the close of my little challenge (can you believe it?!), it's time to face up to my biggest photographic fear.

I hope you enjoy a month of me. If you start finding this month's photos lame and uninteresting, feel free to tune out for the month and come back in February! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very brave month of photographs Amanda. I am excited you decided to do it, and can't wait to see them all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete