Sunday, August 01, 2010

An August of Arrangements

First of all, I want to thank those who commented for their input. I needed a push in the right creative direction, and your thoughts helped tremendously. Thanks for the love! And seriously, thank you for visiting my blog every day to see my little ole' photos. It's wonderful to be complimented on my work and to feel as though I'm not just somebody who bought an expensive camera and decided to "become" a "photographer" in a little less than a year.

Now, onto August. Credit goes to Meagan for helping my thoughts on the whole "line" idea coalesce into a real an achievable idea! The theme for this month is...patterns!



When I thought of this idea, I pictured everything from architecture to flower petals to, in the above case, fabric banners creating lines in space, and I was both fascinated and intrigued by the possibility of exploring this idea through photography.



"Lines" is how I thought to describe this idea in my head, and I'm incredibly happy that Meagan mentioned the idea of photographing patterns. Yes! That's what I saw in my head when I thought of this theme: photographs of interesting patterns created by its subjects.



I'm still a bit unsure how I'm going to execute this theme as it's not dependent on photographing a subject, but finding lines, patterns, and arrangements in the subject itself that create interesting shapes and eye-catching, strong contours that then become the subject of the photo.

Did that just make any sense?



Either way, I'm fairy confident and very excited about a month full of seeing (and looking for) patterns. Check back tonight for today's photo!



This last photo was taken by Matt in South Africa. Let's all be jealous now that none of us could join him.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I think this is going to be a fun theme! I love all of the examples you put up too, especially the headstone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I'll totally bask in the limelight of your incredible talent (: I'm excited to see what you come up with!

    Question: Are you open to the idea of selling any of your prints?

    ReplyDelete