Monday, May 17, 2010

People: Blustery



Recently, I downloaded Pioneer Woman's Photoshop actions. And I'm in love. With the hundreds of features on Photoshop, it's quite easy to feel overwhelmed and to spend hours upon hours working on one photo. It's exhausting.

And now, with the click of a (mouse) button, I can add an action layer to my photos and create an effect that would take me hours to figure out! What's even more awesome is that I can see everything Photoshop is doing to create the action, meaning I can play with all of the layers, adjust each one and its opacity, add my own adjustments, etc. Which means that I can now get a better handle on the wonder that is Photoshop.

This action is wonderful, and I'm absolutely in love with it. It desaturates the colors, and then brings out the red tones. I especially love how the blues and greens turn out. I also sharpened this photo to bring out the wonderful details.

Thanks, PW. My photos thank you, too.

P.S. Don't forget about the Nama Sessions! Contact me if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amanda! I'm gonna check out those actions :)

    ReplyDelete