Friday, April 09, 2010

A new world

I came across these quotes the other day and thought they fit my previous blog post on how the photographer captures art extremely well:

"The photograph isn't what was photographed. It's something else. It's a new fact." - Gary Winogrand

"Art is the expression of imagination, not the reproduction of reality." - Henry Moore

I felt like I didn't exactly express my ideas as clearly as I wanted in that post, and I thought these quotes put my ideas into words perfectly.

As a photographer, I'm not trying to simply reproduce was reality sees. I what to give the viewer a new perspective of their world and create a new expression of what reality is to not only me, but to you. Our natural eyes do not see the organic and beautiful shapes that water creates as it's shot up from a fountain. And they certainly do not notice the intricate details found on a single branch of a budding tree. Nor do they normally view a large chandelier directly from beneath. Photography can. And it will change your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment