Friday, April 23, 2010

Nature: Sluggish



With the Houston humidity and relative warmth, our porch has been hosting a bunch of snails and slugs lately. I've been waiting for them to crawl out on the rocks to capture them, and finally, I was greeted this morning by this slimy, little guy as I walked out of the door on this perfect (for the snail, at least), muggy, warm morning.

Also, as you can see, I've changed the colors of my blog around. Matt suggested to me that I try a darker background, and I love the way the dark grey makes my photos pop off the page more, but now I feel like I have to be all deep and sad and...goth...or something. And I'm worried it'll be more difficult and harsher to read. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. After 20+ years in the northwest, I know lots of ways to get rid of them. Let me know if you need some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pic. I like the rock background.

    As for the blog, didn't you paint your house crazy colors? So maybe pick darker, but not black. Goth isn't very you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't misinterpret that---I love the colors in your house.

    And also, I'm slightly undecided, because the black makes your snail look AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And dan is annie, only logged in as my husband. Sorry.

    uh.......... enough comments from me yet??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nama! You won the Grand Prize for the Mother's Day gift guide "The Sweet Tooth"

    Grand Prize (1 winner):

    * One copy of Enlightened Chocolate
    * Delysia Chocolates Mother's Day Collection: three truffles each of Delysia's floral and peacefully fragrant lavender truffle, intensely robust English breakfast tea truffle, and creamy white chocolate truffle.
    * Chartreuse Macaron Gift Box from Pix Patisserie

    Please email me at goodlife.eats@yahoo.com within 72 hours to claim your prize. I will need a US mailing address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on winning that prize ;)

    Great picture!! For a slug, it doesn't look too disgusting. In fact, it's really quite cute.

    And I think the gray background makes the pictures easier to focus on. A little Emo music wouldn't hurt though. ;)

    ReplyDelete