Friday, April 30, 2010

May photo theme

Yes, May is nearly here, which means it's time for a new photo theme!



Can you guess? It's...people! And I'm not going to lie...this theme scares the crap out of me. I've never been one that natural photographs people, in posed or natural situations. I guess I better get over that quickly.



The "people" rule is that each photo I post this month has to have a person (or part of a person) in the photo. The person can be the subject or simply be an aspect of the whole composition of the photo, like "Worn out," which is one of my favorite photos to date. I think this photo wouldn't nearly be as incredible compositionally if that guy wasn't there.



While apprehensive about this coming month, I'm quite excited to stretch myself photographically. This is an area I haven't had a lot of experience in, and I've learned that if I force myself to learn and grow, I magically do. :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed photographing nature this month, and I'm actually sad to see this theme's end. Last month, I actually felt an architectural boredom during the last week of the month, but that just isn't the case now. I never thought photographing nature would be as exhilarating and exciting as it has been. I've commonly felt a sense of calm and peace as I, for example, sit in a field of wild flowers or walk through a forrested natural trail with my camera. I haven't just photographed nature, but I've actually had the chance to experience it on a new level, and that has been priceless.



Stop by later tonight for April's final nature picture. (I promise, it will be awesome.) Also, be on the look out for extra nature photos in the coming weeks that I didn't decide to post.

And wish me luck as I embark on this new challenge! Through comments? Why certainly!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Can't wait to see!!! This gives me a good idea for a THEME too for my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you take fabulous pictures, no matter the subject, and I'm excited to see more.

    PS More cute little dimpled hands! :D

    ReplyDelete