Monday, January 04, 2010

Oh jet lag, how I hate thee

We're back!

Scotland was magical and covered in snow (and ice), which is quite unusual. I think Matt's prayers to the weather gods payed off. Merry Christmas to us!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and soaked up all that Scotland had to offer, including 7 castles, an array of delicious pub food, and wonderfully ancient ruins of monastic abbeys. And so much more. Including:

  • a minor car accident on a very steep and icy road
  • a broken camera (yes, my new Nikon) also due to icy conditions
  • a lost wedding ring (Matt's, not mine. Thank goodness.)
And yet, despite the above and, in all honesty, minor and non-catastrophic events, we seriously had a magnificent time. All of our incredible experiences far outweigh the noted inconsequential episodes.

It doesn't get much better than spending Christmas Eve in a centuries old cathedral in the dark waiting for the midnight bell to chime in the arrival of Christmas.

Simply magical. Pictures are forthcoming.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! A teaser post?! I was looking forward to some Scotland pix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about these weather Gods. I have a few requets of my own.

    ReplyDelete