Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Heart Faces: Texture

If you haven't taken notice yet, I've added links to my favorite cooking and photography blogs on my sidebar. Ones of those photog blogs is:


I love the community of photographers who participate in this blog. I find their work (amateur or professional) incredibly inspiring as I attempt to work on my own skills as a pseudo-photographer.

Every week, I Heart Faces has a photo challenge that any and all can enter. I have yet to participate, because, well, I don't often take pictures of people. Something else I'm trying to work on...

Here's my entry for this week's challenge: texture.


I took family photos just before Christmas for our good friends Ruth & Grant. Hazel found a bush to hide in, creating a perfect photographic moment. I'm glad I followed my instincts to catch it. I'm in love with the texture of these bushes in black and white. And Hazel's beautiful and mischievous face engulfed in foliage.

3 comments:

  1. I love how this captures her devious side. She was such a ham for you. And if this pic doesn't win, it'll be a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fantastic eye. Not only is she a cutie, but you captured an amazing shot.

    ReplyDelete