Tuesday, June 03, 2008

june is for joy

there was an awesome rainbow that formed right up against the mountains last night, & for some reason, it really took me back to my childhood &, more specifically, all of the fire flies that would fly around the yard all summer. we'd try to catch them in our hands & put them into jars, but at the end of the night, those suckers were hard to catch & hold on to. but we tried anyways.

i spent a long time, perhaps too long some might say, chasing a dream, and, well...all i can say is that it was well worth it, more worth it than i thought it was ever going to be. and that, my friends, is joy.

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you holding hands! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he was bigger than a firefly...dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you all glowy. Like a firefly. Huh? huh?

    ReplyDelete