Tuesday, April 01, 2008

i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

i'm sitting at home, my foot elevated and iced, and now with a possible infection forming somewhere in my throat/ear...since when did turning 25 mean that i really am old? i mean, sure, i'm "old" by some social standards, but shoot! 25?! this should be the prime of my life, and i should be out and about in the world, making a living, enjoying life...instead, i'm sickly, possibly broken, and probably infected...gah!

just wake me up when all of this is over. when i can drive again, do normal things like grocery shop and go to the movies, and, in general, do more than just sit here, foot elevated and iced, feeling tired, bored and lonely.

oh, and just to further complicate things, my foot may be broken, says a former-physical-therapist-current-EMT who was working on my foot last night. great. just great.

3 comments:

  1. You're not old, you're just going into sepsis. Next thing you know, you'll be waking up to the sight of Dr. House's nostrils. Which ain't so bad when you think about it. And don't worry, it's not lupus. It's never lupus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get demanding with your doctor. Basically, no one knows how to diagnose feet, not even podiatrists... so if they tell you it's fine, tell them it's not. I'm 3 months into this crap and still "can't get no satisfaction."

    ReplyDelete