Friday, January 11, 2008

"they say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too, yeah"

25 things to do on my 25th birthday:

  1. sleep in.
  2. take a long, hot shower.
  3. pamper my feet with a scrub, toe nail clipping, and removal of the remnants of my last paint job (about 2 and a 1/2 months).
  4. wear something cute.
  5. work at the temple,and enjoy the serving in the amazing peace that is there for 5 and a half hours.
  6. listen to newly burned "songs to sing to" cd, and sing at the top of my lungs!
  7. dinner with caroline to get her out of the house without lincoln (even though he's tremendously cute).
  8. watch a good movie...don't know which yet. suggestions? and they better be good.
  9. attempt to make this again. my first one looked like it went through a fiesty star battle. and lost.
  10. read more of "little women" and "the road."
  11. clean my room. because it's still not done.
  12. exfoliate my face, & use my new face mask cream stuff i bought over christmas in chicago.
  13. eat more ghirardelli dark chocolate squares with peppermint bark, but try not to consume the entire bag. yet.
  14. try not to fall down, like i did last year.
  15. go to bed early, not by choice, but because i will indefinitely fall asleep before midnight. why? because i'm old and lame. (i even fell asleep before midnight on new year's eve. lame!)
  16. treat myself to a birthday sweet of some sort, but not cake, because i really don't like cake all that much.
  17. talk to/see friends & family who call/come and see me for my birthday, and catch up with them.
  18. take pictures of all of this beautiful snow.
  19. reflect on the fact that i did, indeed, make it to the age of 25, and that i'm not where i'd thought i'd be in life 5-10 years ago. and be okay with all of that.
  20. write in my new journal i purchased in chicago. mark the day as the first day of the rest of my life! or something like that...
  21. enjoy the fact that, at 25, i finally have a car!
  22. continue my search for the perfect winter coat that won't cost me my first born. (why, banana republic? why must you tease me so with your emerald wool peacoat that i've fallen love with? $150 is not "on sale!") maybe, since it's my birthday, i'll get lucky and finally find it!
  23. do some yoga, and center my chi. last time i heard from it, it called to tell me it hated me.
  24. don't die.
  25. post this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Basically, I love you. A lot. And I wish you the happiest of happy birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday!!!! you sound to be doing well. whooohooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, did you do them all? And I fell asleep before midnight on New Year's Eve, too. And you should watch "North & South." In installments. It's long but good.

    ReplyDelete