Friday, January 04, 2008

"i'm a twentysomething, and i'll keep being me"

it's a new year...and i finally took down my christmas decorations. that's a good start, don't you think?

while i don't believe in new year's resolutions, i take this time at the beginning of the year to reflect on how the last literal year of my life has been, what i'm accomplished, what i've been through, who i've become. by the time my birthday rolls around, i'm ready for that next year of my life to start and be fabulous. bring it.

so, while these are not resolutions, per se, here are 8 things (8, you know, because it's 2008) i want to accomplish/figure out/learn/experience this year:

  1. take a road trip in my new car to someplace cool and noteworthy, like nebraska.
  2. get back into yoga hardcore, or, at least, core.
  3. foster my obsession with j.crew and banana republic in a financially responsible way.
  4. grad school? medical or physical anthropologist? forensics? genetics?
  5. attempt to expand my new omnivorous life style.
  6. just be content with your life, dang it! leave those worries and expectations you cannot control by the wayside. and live.
  7. eat more dark chocolate. and lifesaver mints. in moderation, of course.
  8. not die.

but right now, my disorganized and cluttered room is calling to me. must clean and organize. maybe that should be on the list?

happy new year!

6 comments:

  1. Genius. I like this list. At least you've got genius down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington is way cooler than lame old Nebraska.

    "Hey... I'm in Nebraska..." (shrug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever - if you go to Nebraska can I come? And can we go to the Winter Quarters Visitors Center? cuz my sister is there

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude, this is TOTALLY a resolutions list.
    embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. Realistic, stylish, plently of good food involved. I endorse you. Nama 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of core, I'm taking a yoga class at BYU again. Interested in taking it with me, for old time's sake?

    ReplyDelete