Wednesday, August 22, 2007

tag team back again

wow. that was quite the 90s music flashback.

so, anne tagged me, and now i feel obligated, because she might make her mom sit on me if i don't follow through. but maybe if she did, and i was flattened, i could find willy wonka and use his taffy machine to flatten me out, and, in the process, i'd become much taller. and then i could reach tall things and see over heads of people instead of having to stare at everyone's neck/back/hiney when i'm in a crowd. hmmm...

but i digress...so, now, in no particular order, are ten fun nama facts that you might or might now know:

  1. i have several OCD tendencies when it comes to my habitual patterns; for example, my closet is color and style coded, my morning & nightly routine is an exact process with an exact order & i have everything i do timed, and most of my possessions have a home, somewhere it always goes and stays, and it never moves far or for too long from its home (one of the reasons i rarely lose things).

  2. i think i can honestly say that, since i started wearing makeup and caring about my face as a wee 12-ish-year-old, i have never gone to bed without washing my face (for possible reason, see item #1).

  3. as you may have noticed, i don't capitalize often on my blog. when i was a teenager, i started writing poetry, and, after doing a research report on ee cummings, was inspired by his style and only started capitalizing certain words in my poems, but mostly keeping everything lower case. now i don't write poetry anymore, and this blog has become my writing outlet; therefore, i kept with the tradition i started years ago inspired by and in tribute to ee cummings, arguably one of my favorite poets (others include t.s. eliot, langston hughes, & john keats).

  4. growing up, my list of future career aspirations at one time or another include the following: paleontologist, lawyer, actor/singer, pathologist, psychologist, anything involving forensics, paramedic, rainbow brite (give me a break, i was 5), a fairy (also at the age of 5), archaeologist, anthropologist, medical anthropologist, physician's assistant, ancient historian, and, most recently, physical anthropologist.

  5. i don't like most items that fall into the fruit category, but i do like just about every vegetable that i've had the chance to taste.

  6. i sang a lot growing up, and by my senior year in high school, that and theater was what i filled my extracurricular life with. during that time, i learned several tricks to help my voice when it was sick, tired, dry, etc. for a sick, sore, or gunky throat, lemon juice diluted with water or lemon tea with no sugar. it clears your throat up of anything that's stuck there & soothes any soreness that might hold you back. for a dry throat that water does not seem to quench, lays potato chips. just pop a few (and just a few or you'll end up gunky), and the oil will lubricate your cords just enough to allow for better clarity and ease in your voice.

  7. i once walked into a glass door. straight on. it was villa glass, so i was both surprised & grateful when it didn't shatter.

  8. i don't like living in basements. i feel too enclosed. you can't build basements in texas because of the soil, so i guess i've never gotten used to this foreign phenomenon of living underground. i prefer being on the top floor.

  9. i have 8 pillows. and i use most of those to encase myself in cocoon of pillows every night when i sleep.

  10. this last fun nama fact, i'm leaving up to you guys. share something that i/others may/not not know about me! but nothing gross. or embarrassing. or geeky. or anything that i told you in conjunction with the phrase, "i'm telling you this in confidence."

have at it! and to give you some inspiration, meet the simpsonized me:

6 comments:

  1. you never know- you could still grow up to be a fairy or rainbow brite. I'm still hoping I can be Indiana Jones when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun fact about nama: she can speak cheerio. unfortunately, i have never been able to learn this particular dialect and so cannot understand her when her mouth is full of cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I know you like yoga :)
    PS how are you? I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ciao nama...im from pollena trocchia...but was u in the trip with roger in pollena trocchia?if yes, i don't understand who are u, but im raffaele...do u remeber me?peter's and sheridan 's friend?this is my email raf88@libero.it
    write me back soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this one time...you asked us to make up the last fact...

    AND IT PLAGUED ME FOR ALL OF MY LIFE!!!!

    Not really. But every time I clicked on your link I had a little bit of grief about it.

    So...this isn't very original, but it's something I find intriguing. It's called, Nama's blog is always named after song lyrics.

    This is more original: This one time, Nama was "Your Mom" for Halloween. Which idea Meagan and I ripped off 2 years later, and we were received with more praise and acclaim than I have received for any other costume ever. Ergo, Nama is my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete