Wednesday, July 11, 2007

more selections

song of heartache

eric clapton - "broken hearted"

when the wind blows down this hard
many a bond is broken
see the water lie on the ground
from where the heavens opened

Lord, how will you get through this night
with your dreams departed?
and who alone will comfort you?
only the broken hearted

so youve gone beyond your means
every wound is open
your best laid plans are out of reach
and all your fears unspoken

Lord, how will you get through this night
with your dreams departed?
and who alone will comfort you?
only the broken hearted

Sweet revenge is spoken then
in the twilight it is gone
to living lies with no escape
Lord, I would rather be alone

i press my fingers to the wood
to tell you of my dreaming
to sing you songs from olden times
to keep the love light gleaming
'cause theres a place where we can go
where we will not be parted

and who alone will enter there?
only the broken hearted
only the broken, broken hearted

song of uncertainty

dave matthew band - "the space between"

you cannot quit me so quickly
there's no hope in you for me
no corner you could squeeze me
but i got all the time for you, love

the space between the tears we cry
is the laughter keeps us coming back for more
the space between the wicked lies we tell
and hope to keep safe from the pain
but will i hold you again?

these fickle, fuddled words confuse me
like 'will it rain today?'
waste the hours with talking, talking
these twisted games we're playing
we're strange allies with warring hearts
what wild-eyed beast you be

the space between the wicked lies we tell
and hope to keep safe from the pain
will i hold you again?
will i hold

look at us spinning out in the madness of a roller coaster
you know you went off like a devil in a church in the middle of a crowded room
all we can do, my love is hope we don't take this ship down

the space between where you're smiling high
is where you'll find me if i get to go
the space between the bullets in our firefight
is where i'll be hiding, waiting for you
the rain that falls splash in your heart
ran like sadness down the window into
the space between our wicked lies
is where we hope to keep safe from pain

take my hand 'cause we're walking out of here
oh, right out of here
love is all we need here
the space between what's wrong and right
is where you'll find me hiding, waiting for you
the space between your heart and mine
is the space we'll fill with time
the space between


song of hope

chris thile - "on ice"

just for a moment, the moment i met her
i lost my breath but my lips whispered she is the one
forgot who i was and who i was fooling
didn't remember she could be my first cue to run

we move so fast
never thought twice
mine came at last
fool on some ice

we stayed in touch but the touch i was wanting from her
came from girls that scared me too little to love
so all of the thoughts i thought i might tell her
turned into songs that until now she's never heard of

i have been taught
love is a vice
soak all these thoughts
and i put them on ice

the vice spins and the ice tends to melt
one night she asked me how i felt
the next day i woke up lying to myself
i feel fine
i feel fine
i feel fine

thank God you're here
i need you to hear this
so sick of my shit
i promise i'm through tempting fate
i know i'm in love now
you are what love is to me
please tell me this isn't too little too late

oh let's move fast
making up time would be nice
i'm so sorry i put these things on ice
i would like to give you doves and rice

6 comments:

  1. soundtrack of my life

    "here i go, here i go, here I go again. girls, what's my weakness? men! ok then, chillin', chillin', mindin' my business. yo, salt, i looked around, and i couldn't believe this. i swear, i stared, my niece my witness. the brother had it goin' on with somethin' kinda...uh wicked, wicked (oooo) - had to kick it, i'm not shy so i aXed for the digits. a ho? no, that don't make me see what i want slip slide to it swifty. felt it in my hips so i dipped back to my bag of tricks then i flipped for a tip, make me wanna do tricks for him. lick him like a lollipop should be licked. came to my senses and i chilled for a bit. don't know how you do the voodoo that you do so well it's a spell, hell, makes me wanna shoop shoop shoop."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain
    I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain
    But that's just perfect for an Amish like me
    You know, I shun fancy things like electricity
    At 4:30 in the morning I'm milkin' cows
    Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool
    And I've been milkin' and plowin' so long that
    Even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone
    I'm a man of the land, I'm into discipline
    Got a Bible in my hand and a beard on my chin
    But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine
    Then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright STOP! collaborate and LISTEN! ice is back with my brand new invention. somethin' grabs a hold of me tightly. flow like a harpoon daily and nightly. will it ever stop? yo, i don't know. turn off the light and i glow. to the extreme i rock a mike like a vandal. light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle. dance, bum rush the speaker that booms. i'm killin' your brain like a poisonous mushroom. DEADLY! when i play a dope melody anything less than the best is a felony. love it or leave it, you better gain way. better hit bullseye, the kid don't play.
    if there was a problem, yo, i'll solve it.
    check out the hook while my dj revolves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, kat took mine!

    cheater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you guys :)

    please feel free to make me laugh whenever you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it weren't for Kat, I would never have known all the words to that classic by Salt and Peppa. And I would never have known that anyone knew the all the words to that classic by Salt and Peppa. Thank goodness for Kat and for Salt and for Peppa. What was the 3rd girl's name?

    ReplyDelete