Monday, July 09, 2007

a few possible selections from the soundtrack of my life

song of desperation

norah jones - "be my somebody"

i'm too foggy today to know what you're sayin'
your lips are moving so fast and i just keep praying
for them to slow down so i can make some sense
of the words that are pouring out of your crooked spout

last night was a record to be broken
it broke all over the kitchen floor
oh no, don't you go
i'm coming back with a rag
to wipe away the haze from the days we've forgotten all about

so be my somebody tonight
be the one who'll hold me tight
honey, please, please
'cause i've been so all alone and no one will pick up the phone
so honey, please stay

i held your head up, do you remember?
when you wanted to make a blanket out of me
oh i can't lie
i've been keeping score
and it's your turn to wring me out and lay me down to dry

so be my somebody tonight
be the one who'll hold me tight
honey, please, please
'cause i've been so all alone and no one will pick up the phone
so honey, please stay
honey, please stay
honey, please stay

song of truth

jamie cullum - "catch the sun"


every day it comes to this
catch the things you might have missed
you say, get back to yesterday
i ain't ever going back, back to the place that I can't stand
but i miss the way you lie
i'm always misunderstood, pulled apart and ripped in two
but i miss the way you lie

catch the sun, before it's gone
here it comes, up in smoke and gone
catch the sun, it never comes
cry in the sand, lost in the fire

i never really understood why i didn't feel so good
but i miss the way you lie
i've always been up and down, never wanted to hit the ground
but i miss the way you lie

catch the sun, before it's gone
here it comes, up in smoke and gone
catch the sun, it never comes
cry in the sand, lost in the fire


song of comfort

paul mccartney - "little willow"

bend, little willow
wind's gonna blow you hard and cold tonight
life, as it happens nobody warns you
willow, hold on tight

nothing's gonna shake your love
take your love away
no one's out to break your heart
it only seems that way

sleep, little willow
peace gonna follow
time will heal your wounds
grow to the heavens now and forever
always came too soon

little willow
nothing's gonna shake your love
take your love away
no one's out to break your heart
it only seems that way

bend, little willow
wind's gonna blow you hard and cold tonight
life, as it happens nobody warns you
willow, hold on tight
little willow

3 comments:

  1. My soundtrack says, "I think I love you..." Actually no, I know I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. metallica: no leaf clover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took an online quiz that said my theme song was dancing queen. I think there are stupid. My ipod was a girl. I don't know why. You would think I would choose to play a boy. but she was a girl and I couldn't do anything about it. She had a manufacturers defect.

    ReplyDelete