Tuesday, March 06, 2007

but i love her...

shame, shame, shame is what i should be feeling right now. i willingly subjected myself to something that seems so heinous, so vile, i dare not speak it's foul name.

i watched "she's the man."

and i liked it.


"for shame!" some might say. "5 hail marys!" others. but i will not take it! i will not take such exclamations of criticisms riddled with judgement lying down! just seeing the barbaric working conditions in the workplace, i couldn't just sit back and let it happen. i didn't care how management would brutalize me. i stood up on the table, rang that bell, and cried "union! union!" ...oh, wait. that's not me. that's norma rae.

huh.

well, while i'm not a revolutionary, i will, however, defend my choice in movie viewing! "she's the man" was funny. really funny. amanda bynes is absolutely adorable, makes hysterical faces, and has wonderful comedic timing. and it's just like kat said: if i were told to act like a guy, this is exactly how i would act:

"suck it up, be a man, and rub some dirt on it!"
[make typical guy gesture & walk with that guy swagger] oh, the shame i should have felt. but instead, i laughed hysterically. and enjoyed it.

the end.

5 comments:

  1. i love a good "secret shame" movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we didn't have our guilty pleasures, what good would life be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amanda, for your courage in outing yourself. You have inspired me to reveal some similar cinematic perversions, among them Lindsay Lohan's "The Parent Trap," "The New Guy," and *deep breath* "French Kiss." There! I've said it. I feel so free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I like the Lindsay Lohan Parent trap! There's no shame in that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it too. Sigh...

    I also adore the Linsay Lohan version of The Parent Trap.

    And French Kiss is awesome.

    ReplyDelete