Thursday, January 11, 2007

"all the world is birthday cake..."

"...so take a piece, but not too much."
on this, the beginning of my twenty-fifth year, i would like to celebrate...cake.
beautiful, lovely, delicious cake. and while the above cakes look quite irresistable and classy, i feel my life would best be represented in the following cake-form:
and considering that this morning, on my way to work, i attempted to run across a grassy sidewalk area in heels, which prompty got stuck in the soft ground, causing me to partially lose my shoes and then proceed to fall on my face, perhaps this would be more symbollic:
if there's anything i've learned in my twenty-four years, it is that birthdays are simply nature's way of telling us to eat more cake...and i'm okay with that.

5 comments:

  1. That'll teach you not to have high heels unless they are made of cake.

    Yay for Marie Antoinette.

    And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Baby Cakes. You will receive a phone call from me tomorrow as is our custom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I promised myself I'd remember everyones birthdays this year, but I'm already off to a bad start. I love you!

    ReplyDelete