Thursday, December 28, 2006

no one i think is in my tree

while i was at home over christmas (yes, i finally did make it home...), i listened to the newly re-mixed beatles' album, "love," which my dad had downloaded on his i-pod, and all i can say is...george martin, you are a genius! this album is amazing. and i don't want to go on and on about it, but my favorite mix is ringo's "octupus's garden" sung to the music of "good night." if you happen to be a huge beatles fan like myself, listen to/go ahead and pick up this album. you will not be disappointed. but...my point that i was getting to...as i listened to the album, i was reminded of how much i love george harrison's "something" from abbey road. in my hopelessly romantic mind, i simply want to meet someone who will see that unexplainable something in me and isn't scared of finding it, someone who will muddle through this crazy thing called love with me, as unsure and uncertain as it can be, knowing that i see that something in him, too, that he deserves to be loved, that i need him and him alone. he'll see something in me he needs and cannot live without; he won't try to explain it, he'll just know. something will be there, and we will both just know.

...

eh, or maybe i'll just move to new york city with kat and into the next phase of our single lives, celibate in the city.

---

something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover
something in the way she woos me
i don't want to leave her now
you know i believe and how

somewhere in the smile she knows that i don't need no other lover
something in her style that shows me
i don't want to leave her now
you know i believe and how

you're asking me will my love grow
i don't know, i don't know
you stick around and it may show
i don't know, i don't know

something in the way she knows and all i have to do is think of her
something in the things she shows me
i don't want to leave her now
you know i believe and how

1 comment: