Sunday, November 12, 2006

the times...they are indeed a-changin'

Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, "Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?"

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
Saying, "The sun's not yellow, it's chicken"

Mama's in the fact'ry
She ain't got no shoes
Daddy's in the alley
He's lookin' for food
I'm in the kitchen with the tombstone blues

---

above is the verse from bob dylan's "tombstone blues" that i took my last blog title from. and, as you can see, i did a little switching around of my blog, and, with my new beta-googlized creation, i thought namabanana needed a new name. so i did some searching and, sticking with tradition, found the above dylan lyric. and to any of you who know the reference (and that doesn't include you, jess) i will award you handsomely with...

*sound the trumpets*
a herring! "i caught you a delicious herring"
ew, just kidding. what you'll really get is...
*exant flourish*

a life-size cardboard cut-out of Walter Wintchell! and to anybody who gets that reference...i will marry, no questions asked, on the spot. man, women, old, young...

ew. never mind.

instead, you may be treated to a flinestone push-up ice cream bar...thinger...my treat!

5 comments:

  1. quinn the eskimo (the mighty quinn). i dont know the other reference. but with a prize like that, im gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog looks awesome! Heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know who bob dylan is.
    and who walter winchell is.
    and i knew what "exeunt flourish" is referring to (the same show with the line "hu! there's a huff! i think i'll leave in it!!").

    so give me some icecream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, do I not get to participate in either of these little challenges or just the first one? 'Cause I know both. Oh, nuts to you! I don't want your old ice cream thinger anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. google really takes the fun out of everything.

    ReplyDelete