Monday, November 20, 2006

i almost diiiied

near-death experience of the month

fellow secretary karen & i went out early this afternoon to do some christmas shopping for our department. ya know, candy apples, cute christmas cards with snowmen & snow globes, etc.

upon our return as we climbed the stairs back up to the office, i heard a crash...then a horror-movie scream...

i instrinctively ducked and ran for cover (good thing)...and let out a good scream, too. i turned around and found that the huge plastic light cover on the ceiling had hinged, yes hinged, off and was dangling at about the level of my head. rewind & replay:

crashing sound = light cover unhinging where no hinge exists
scream = karen fearing for my life
my cat-like reflexes = me avoiding an early death/living the rest of my life with a mangled face.


that thing was seriously this close to hitting my head:whew...another day, another lucky chance.

5 comments:

  1. Very properly labeled. Thank heavens your face has been spared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know, given my history for that kinda stuff, i am surprised i havent had an actual near-death experience.

    maybe i should try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your beautiful face!
    that's how you make your money!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for not dying. And happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you're alive. Because I like your little face.

    ReplyDelete