Wednesday, July 26, 2006

are you sure this isn't something vodka can handle?

yesterday, kat & i got manicures & pedicures from two asian guys. all mine said to me was "5 minutes". kat's wanted a job at her chocolately place of employment.

after, we went back to her hizzle, ate julymas leftovers ("these mash potatoes are so creamy!"), & watched "house" & "gilmore girls".

i am cherishing moments like these right now, more like savoring them, because any good moment of my day makes me feel like my life isn't all that bad right now. that i can put on a brave face and let myself smile.

and i'm not gonna lie. my french manicured toes really help with that, too.

and, as always, music seems to be doing it's part, too. here are some more musings.

"seven years" - norah jones

spinning, laughing, dancing to her favorite song
a little girl with nothing wrong is all alone
eyes wide open always hoping for the sun
and she'll sing her song to anyone that comes along

fragile as a leaf in autumn
just fallin' to the ground without a sound
crooked little smile on her face
tells a tale of grace that's all her own

spinning, laughing, dancing to her favorite song
a little girl with nothing wrong is all alone
a little girl with nothing wrong and she's all alone

"cold, cold heart" - norah jones

i've tried so hard my dear to show that you're my every dream
yet you're afraid each thing i do is just some evil scheme
a memory from your lonesome past keeps us so far apart
why can't i free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

another love before my time made your heart sad and blue
and so my heart is paying now for things i didn't do
in anger unkind words are said
they make the teardrops start
why can't i free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

there was a time when i believed that you belonged to me
but now i know your heart is shackled to a memory
the more i learn to care for you the more we drift apart
why can't i free your doubtful mind and melt you cold cold heart

2 comments:

  1. i enjoy norah jones music.
    and also i enjoy freshly manicured nails.
    and leftovers.
    and nama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like all of those things too, but in reverse order.

    ReplyDelete