Thursday, June 29, 2006

stop the madness!!

would somebody PLEASE explain this "shirt" to me?

is this suppose to be attractive, because it's not. i'm not even sure what to call IT. it's like the rebel member of the vest family, which doesn't help its cause. did we not learn from our early 90s (or, as i like to call that period, 80s-throw-up) fashion mistakes?

call me "old", but i don't understand what the kids are wearing these days. with efy going on, i've seen travesty after fashion travesty invade campus in the form of teeny-boppers wearing the "opposite vest" and many other new-fangled creations i don't understand. like this:

why in the world would you take a perfectly delightful a-line skirt and bunch up the bottom to create a bubble effect? to match you fat mom's bubble butt? because i cannot concieve how adding extra fabric where no fabric should ever be to ANY piece makes it attractive. girls, it doesn't! especially with the above "shirt" and the one below. more fabric where it shouldn't be = shapelessness = not good. hugesque bows are equally unflattering, especially when placed at the widest part of the female body. it just boggles my mind why any woman would wear a shirt that emphasizes her hips with a wide band & ginormous bow and THEN proceeds to poof out in a pregnant-like manner over the belly. why?! and don't even get me started on this atrociousness: gah! pants & skirts DO NOT go together. they are meant to be separate entities, and it should stay that way. *shudder*

8 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! I thought I was the only one who hated that the throw-up 80's were coming back. People, please. Do yourself a favor and burn these vile outfits before you have pictures of yourself that you will be mortified to show your friends 5 years from now.

    I'm sorry, but 80's styles weren't cute 20 years ago, and they're not cute today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud I just wiped away a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where did you get all those photos of me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have taught be well, leah. in the words of stacey london, i salute you with a "SHUT UP!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last one was particularly atrocious... way to go... i WAS eating...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a "shut up?" It's more than I can bear. I feel like a mom whose kid just graduated from med school. I think I'm gonna burst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So... I should cancel my online order for the bubble skirt in puke orange? Cause... I mean... I really thought it was gunna look nice with the pants.

    Fashion is fun.

    -K-

    ReplyDelete
  8. but the girl is wearing leggings and mini skirt with HIGH TOPS! the 7 year old in me just woke up and yelled "cool!!" before the 24 year old in me could "shh..." her.
    and then the 70 year old in me said, "dang kids".

    ReplyDelete