Monday, January 16, 2006

share the laughter

i was walking home from school last thursday, minding my own business, and probably thinking about the chocolate caramel kisses i had at home, when a van pulls up beside me. down the window rolls, and it was my professor, dr. macfarlane, with whom i went to italy with last spring. and as he rolls down the window, he yells out,
"hey amanda, you're mom called!"
i was lost in a fit of laughter for a moment, then asked him what she had to say;
"she doesn't love you anymore."
i continued to laugh, and he offered me a ride home.
the best part was when i told jon harmon the next day. i think his laughter went beyond the harmon-chuckle. he was writhing on the floor, crying, and in a complete fit of laughter.

the end.

p.s. i was reading the illiad today, and this passage made me laugh outloud:
"meriones - great dancer as you are,
my spear would have stopped your dancing days for good if only i had hit you!"
poor aeneas and his bad aim. who knew homer was so funny!

9 comments:

  1. That story is awesome. A++.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the best story that I have heard all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say two things: That baby's face depicts me perfectly, and I wish the chocolate caramel kisses had been as decadent as the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. I like that line from the Illiad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it when college professors grow as people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember when we first tried those kisses and we re-names them french kisses? Funny. I'm glad you're sharing the love of the mom joke. My office is hooked now too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOth very funny! amanda is stupendous!

    ReplyDelete