Saturday, January 07, 2006

confession

so, i'm a girl. i'm feminine. i wear heels and pay way too much for haircuts. i like to think i have a little grace. and also that i'm good at being feminine.

well, maybe i'm a little good. shoot, have you seen me?

but, the other day i finally came to a blaring conclusion that i've only come to accept now:

i can't curl my hair!

i don't mean that my hair won't physically curl. i mean i cannot operate a curling iron to save my life. i have closely watched many people curl my hair, and have studied their techniques. and yet, when i attempt these "techniques", my hair does not look the same. i looks like i went to bed with wet hair and then woke up and head-banged to "bohemian rhapsody" for an hour.

i ended up calling kat, resident hair goddess, and she curled my hair yesterday to perfection.
i am now enrolling in kat's school for the gifted to remedy this problem.

15 comments:

  1. 'i'm good at being feminine.
    well, maybe i'm a little good. shoot, have you seen me?'

    Are we being a little conceded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest anonymous,

    first of all, it's "conceited", not "conceded".

    second, she's not being conceited, she's being honest. i'm sure that if you saw her, you'd have to "concede" that point.

    third, you must have been in quite the hurry because you forgot to sign your name. i mean, i don't see why you'd be wary of claiming that comment as your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fo real reader have you seen this. girl about to make me drop a "daaaaaamn" up in here.
    nama keep with the self confidence. heaven knnows our geender could use more women who think well of them selves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again, women have to preach their own propaganda. i must concede that i'm about to snatch somebody bald headed if I hear one more person trying to put a woman down. i'm sick and tired of it. It's not conceit and even if it is, conceit is healthier than insecurity. Nama is a VERY beautiful woman and she should be proud of it. Nama, you're beautiful. And on curling your hair, practice makes perfect. Even hair goddesses had to learn somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i(t) looks like i went to bed with wet hair and then woke up and head-banged to "bohemian rhapsody" for an hour."

    That image made me laugh for about ten minutes. I was crying.

    Was it as good as the sweep?!?!?! I could not physically pull my eyes away from that. Pictures? Was it as hot as your new picture on your blog of the yoga girl?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair doesn't curl either.

    Should I start preaching my own propaganda ??? I'm just wondering. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry. That last comment was mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was mostly laughing at the image of Nama head-banging to Bohemian Rhapsody for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAVE seen you, and you're hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jay, you don't propaganda. Everyone can see how very hot you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not only completly identify but could really use attending that school by Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Note: how do you "Ditto on" someone?

    ReplyDelete
  13. p.s. Can you tell I'm at work and don't want to be?

    ReplyDelete