Saturday, December 17, 2005

obituary

the fall 2005 semester has died.

and although it had its ups and downs, joys and heartaches, it lived a full 3 1/2 month life and passed on december 16th.
it taught me things about the human body i'm not sure i wanted to know, like how urine is made. it gave me many a cadaver and assorted specimens to learn from. oh how i enjoyed that class.
it taught me all about the evils of capitalism, nationalism, pharmaceutical companies, and western health/prevention programs in africa. and i finally got to read guns, germs, and steel.
it buried me in loads of papers, research projects on marine shells from jordan, a few all-nighters, and a not-so-great disposition towards love.
it showered me with great friends, lots of chocolate, great spiritual awakenings, and a published paper.
it was good to me, it was horrible to me.
it will be somewhat missed, but mostly forgotten.

the fall 2005 semester is survived by 8 new books on my bookshelf, $75 i got for my anatomy textbook, about 5 less pounds, pure, unadulterated apathy, a new affinity for spinach wrap sandwiches from the cougar eat, and an overall giddiness that THIS SEMESTER HAS DIED!

may it rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. wow. after a semester like that i hope you get a chance to rest in peace.
    for at least two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same. Although, I didn't learn anything about the human body this semester, except that it likes to take 3 hour naps before it has to meet with its group to work on a very important final, which required a significant amount of preparation in advance of the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May those 5 pounds rest in peace. What'd you do, give 'em to your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, no! May the 2005 semester torturedly suffer the pains of the damned in eternal hellfire!

    Rest in peace my big fat . . . !

    ReplyDelete