Wednesday, September 21, 2005

why must I be surrounded by FRICKIN' IDIOTS!

As Em read me Heather's blog about the girl who thought that she was "taking in calories all the time when I breath and stuff", I thought, surely this anorexic-probably-bleach-blonde-I-want-to-be-Paris-Hilton-twenty-something-I-sleep-in-a-tanning-bed chick is the most disturbingly stupid individual out there.

Then I met her match.

Here is a partial phone converstation I overheard at school the other day...

"...so, I think that the humidity makes the air thicker...so that the UV rays can't get through..."

Wow...wow...so, all those people living in humid Miami Beach are WHITER THAN WHITE due to all that thick air blocking those pesky UV rays...riiiiight...

9 comments:

  1. I grew up in Florida. I was a very BROWN child. I didn't get white until I moved to thin-aired Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what Leah's saying is that thick air and lack of humidity act as virtual conductors of UV rays. Utah air actually PREVENTS the sun from getting to you.

    So why do you get sunburned more easily when you're in the mountains? That's easy! It's because the farther you go up, the closer you're getting to the sun. If Uv rays have to travel a shorter the distance through the thin, non-conducting Utah air, then of course you get sunburned easier.

    I should be a scientometrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but my explanation was way more concise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. phone conversations at byu or funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Utah. What's humidity?

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Mexico is dry. . .Why am I brown ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. so... i should be tanner than most people because i'm taller than them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. if kat's reasoning is correct...that explains why i am so white. by the time the uv rays reach me they don't have as much burninating power!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jay, do brown people get browner in the sun? or are you always that brown?

    ReplyDelete