Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Case

Why must my life suck? Why must I be so stupid?

Don't answer that last question.

But seriously, here's a little rundown of my life:

  1. My Dad put in vacation time to come up to Utah next month to see me walk in the graduation ceremony. Yeah, that's important. And his jerk-boss DENIED it! He's been fighting him for weeks now, but now it's looking like my family will only get to come to see me walk if, I don't know, he dies or by some other miracle. I'm upset. REALLY upset. And I really want to get ahold of his email address and send him sad pictures of puppies crying. But I guess that won't work on someone who DOESN'T HAVE A HEART!!!!!
  2. I'm back working at Borders. Love it. BUT, corporate decided to cut hours for the store. Therefore, I'm only working around 20-or-so hours a week. I bet they don't care that I have to make money to EAT next semester. Seriously, maybe the stinkin' hot weather is roasting the hearts out of these people.
  3. On the 16th, my "missionary-who-still-thinks-I-love-him" is coming home. Akward. Thankfully, that's the day "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is coming out (hey! that's something exciting and fulfilling in my life!!) and, oh darn, I'm working ALL DAY. Thank you J.K. Rowling.
  4. Due to the excess weight I put on in Italy, none of my clothes fit me so well anymore. I'm starting to work it off, but, yeah, that takes time. Patience. Zip. Fatness. Too Much.
  5. Nobody's in Dallas anymore. My only friend, Jessica, now lives in Ft. Worth and has a boyfriend. I'm lonely, and my nights are spent watching the Discovery Health Channel, the National Geographic Channel, or Will & Grace. Party on.
  6. I'm sunburn. Again. I went swimming yesterday in my cute, new bathing suit and where I hadn't gotten sun before, I burned to a crisp. Luckily, my Mom keeps the Aloe Vera in the refrigerator and I think me & good ole' Aloe can make it through this one unscathed.

All right, I totally take blame for that last complaint, seeing as I was simply too lazy to come back in and put sunscreen on, but really. Can't my life just simmer down for a bit. SIMMA DOW NA!!

I'm gonna shut up now and go fill my bathtub with aloe.

6 comments:

  1. Amanda I am sorry. let's hold hands through cyber space and get though it together. though I have to say I am a little lost. you graduate next month, but you will be in school next semester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. What a retarded boss. My dad's boss is like that. He's in Oregon, so I guess his heart rusted shut (from the rain).
    2. Wow, you and me both! I only work 10 hours--just enough to pay for summer rent and food. Forget about fall!
    3. You don't love him anymore? Yeah, that's gonna be REALLY awkward.
    4. I hear ya! I started exercising yesterday.
    5. Um, you should live at my house and we could hang out. I'm kinda lonely too.
    6. Ouch!

    Sometimes you just gotta vent. Call me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense a disruptance in the flow of your chi. Center it. Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eddie: i graduate in december and walking in august.
    kimbo: oh, i will call.
    erika: that's what i'm missing! my chi! where are you when i need you to help me center it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MISS YOU!!! CALL ME TOO!!! I HAD A BAD DREAM THAT MY CELL PHONE DIDN'T WORK ANYMORE AND I WOKE UP SCREAMING, BUT IT STILL WORKS! whew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if your skin will work with this, but I found that while aloe does provide relief, it also traps in the heat--like leaving cookies on the cookie sheet after they get out of the oven instead of putting them on a cooling rack where they belong. Draw the heat out with cold water and ice cubes. Take as cold a bath as you can and just run ice cubes over really bad spots. It works for me--my burns are brown-gold the next day.

    ReplyDelete