Saturday, May 07, 2005

I am REALLY not in Kansas anymore...

Guess what? I on a computer. With internet access. For more than 30 minutes. So...I CAN FINALLY POST SOMETHING!!

As many of you might have guessed, I am in Italy now and have been for a week. It, is, so, much, FUN!!! Man, fun would not even BEGIN to describe this place and all that I have seen and done just in the past week! I would love to tell you guys everything, but I am paying right now for the use of the Internet, therefore, only a short blog will do for now.

So, I am staying in a little, cute, quaint town called Pollena. No one speaks English, everyone is super nice to us Americans, and the food it GREAT!!! We are about a half hour out of Naples, so we go there frequently. We ride trains A LOT! But let me tell you, as far as public transportation goes, trains are by far the way to go! Especially with all the graffeti on them. I am going to have to get some pictures of the elaborate graffeti I have some across here. It is simply hilarious.

Quick run down of all the places I have been in the past week: Naples, Ischia, Puzzoli, Baia, Cuma, and, currently, Florence. 3 of us girls traveled very early this morning to be here in Florence where we will spend the weekend. It is simply gorgeous here! The Duomo is jaw-dropping amazing, and the Uzzoli museum was INCREDIBLE! We will go to see the David at the Accademia tomorrow, and the inside of the Duomo. We will also attend (part of) mass there. Wow, that sounds so cool.

Quick note about the food, because that is seriously one of the best things out here and the most enjoyable. We eat breakfast and dinner every weekday at La Vigna, a cute little farm/resturant thing that makes and grows its own food. Wow. I dont thing Ill EVER get used to regular good AGAIN. Homemade pasta, smothered in fresh olive oil, topped with fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, and a side of homemade bread. Tasty! Yummy! Overwhelmingly amazing! We get fed so dang much, too. There are 3 courses everynight, and sometimes we dont thing we can make it. Mmmmm. Words can not do this food justice. And the gelato! Oooooooohh man. So. Good.

Enough about me. And my wondeful life here in Italy. I know you want to here more, but I must be off to my little hotel to get some rest. I love you guys so much, and I miss you like crazy, though the great view of Vesuvius on my terrace, the nice Italian people, the INCREDIBLE food, and all the amazing things Im seeing makes up for it! ;-) Love you!

9 comments:

  1. Love you!
    Sounds like you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Nama in Italy! Keep taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we miss you, too. though the great view of Provo High, the nice 2nd ward people, the great food at taco bell and all the amazing things i'm seeing makes up for it. :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO happy for you! Yay! I hope you're keeping a record of all the cool stuff in a journal with pictures or something so that we can hear all about it/see it when you get back. I love you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey guys, I forgot to mention this, but the link to the Pollena Trocchia website on my links is the offical update site my professor set up. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I want to be you when I grow up. Love you!

    - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you bring me back an italian farm worker of hotness? Thanks Nama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bonjourno principessa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS, Yoga is SO not the same without you. I had to ask a stranger to be my partner yesterday.

    ReplyDelete