Monday, April 25, 2005

Lists o' Fun

The countdown is now just 3 days people! 3 days!! And you know what that means...time to make lists so I don't forget to do stuff/buy stuff/pack stuff. Here are my current lists:

Things To Do:

  • Put Mom on bank account (in case something should happen to me, like my brain exploding when Vesuvius erupts)
  • Print out train ticket (from Rome to Naples)
  • Pay Spring tuition (I got a half scholarship through BYU and ANOTHER half scholarship through the Study Abroad office--that means I'm only paying 1/4 of tuition!)
  • Pick up crap at Study Abroad office (cool study abroad backpack and water bottle included)
  • Call Sprint about phone use in Italy (so I can be as cool as the rest of those Italians with working cell phones)
  • Pack & consolidate (I'm only bringing two suitcases and a backpack...it's gonna be rough)
  • Make packing list so I won't forget anything (I think I should probably do that FIRST)
  • Do laundry (Not doing until Wednesday, which means I might be smelly for the next few days)
  • Translate Latin passage from Dr. MacFarlane (I thought I'd be DONE with Latin forever when I took my 301 final, but NOOOOOO, I have to translate a geography passage before I get to Italy...poo)
  • Learn Italian (We'll be staying in a little town called Pollena, which means NO English speakers...except us...maybe I should have put this on a list a WHILE ago?)

Stuff to Buy

  • Sleep sack (We're not so sure WHAT exactly we'll be sleeping on yet...this should be fun)
  • Sunscreen (I burn easily...I was hoping to get some sun BEFORE I left...too bad Erika's mom is still hanging around in the Northern Hemisphere)
  • Jeans (Do I REALLY need an excuse? Gap, I'm coming!)
  • Purse to easily hide (Pickpocketing is BIG in Italy, so bringing a regular purse will mean theft, and we don't want that)
  • Random assortment of tolietries (It's not like I'm going to a 3rd world country without stores and what not. Just want an excuse to buy small travel-size items)
  • Notebook (Teehee...that's right, even though I'll be in Italy, I'm STILL actually taking classes and will probably still need the regular school supplies, book excluded)

Good thing I have 3 days to sit around in Ritz's apartment with all this stuff to do. Ready...set...GO!

10 comments:

  1. I think it's "Italianese"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you calling my mom fat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika~ No, of course not.
    Nama~ I love you and will miss you.
    Call my cell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. figure out how to post italy pictures on your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm just glad you got your suck sack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nama!
    I'm sorry I missed calling you last night. I spaced because I got home so late.
    You're probably on a plane to Italy right now.
    I'll forgive you if you forgive me.
    Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey kids...sorry I havent posted anything yet...just NOW got to a computer...promise will post soon about my many adventures in italy!! but im here, alive, and doing great! love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So . . . uh . . . what's goin' on in Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so excited for you! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nama, tell us tell us! hurry! I want to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete