Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Beautiful?

Why IS it that you get compliments on days you look your worst? Erika asked the question, and I ask again. Now, I don't have an answer or anything, but this topic has been on my mind due to an incident that makes me ask this question.

Set up: Nama had only slept 4 hours the night before, had showered and dressed herself, and ran out the door to get to class when she ran into her friend, her token gay guy (TGG), she had not seen in a while. Conversation ensued, when TGG interrupted Nama...

TGG: Can I interject something?

Nama: Sure?

TGG: You look BEAUTIFUL today!

Nama: (laughing) Yeah, sure, especially after 4 hours of sleep and the complete lack of getting read that happened this morning.

TGG: No, I'm serious. You look tired as hell, but you look incredibly beautiful today.

Nama: (pause) Where can I find a straight man like you?

TGG: (laughing) Don't worry. I'm looking for one to. Without the straight part.

Aaaaaaand scene.

Again, why? Should I ALWAYS get 4 hours of sleep and simply run out of the house without completely getting ready? Would I be married by now if I had learned this before and put it into practice? THIS is the quintessential existential dilemma.

14 comments:

  1. Zic Zac CaddilacMarch 23, 2005 7:38 PM

    Ok-- So what else can I say--YOU ROCK, I love reading your blog, and I have to say I agree, when you look the worst you run into everyone and yeah and they all say how good you look, so you rock foor mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you wouldn't be married by now. It's totally overrated. I say, embrace your sexyness, whether you are fresh faced or glam faced, as long as you rock it, it doesn't matter. People respond to attitude more than anything. Have you met me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, it doesn't work. I purposely did the ponytail, minimal makeup thing yesterday AND today and no one said a dang thing. You just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nevermind. it just happened:
    Did you cut your hair? Oh you just have it pulled back? It looks really pretty that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mom told you so when when she was pulling that twinkie out of her 24th fat roll...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom called; her butt wants its own ZIP code back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom called...she wants her receeding hairline back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I still don't really understand what that quintessentail exstential dilemma is other than something people quote and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad called . . . he wants his chops back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandpa cold...he wants his suspenders back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah, compliments on a blah are tough, b/c they don't always make you feel better, in fact they make me a little sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete