Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Love sucks!

Happy, stinky Valentine's Day.
A quick anecdote about the most horrid and gag-me display of "love" I witnessed today in the JSB. So I get out of my religion class, there's hundreds of people in the hall way moving like cattle at about a mile an hour, and I see a guy hand a girl a flower, get down on his knee and saw quietly and very fast, "Willyoumaryme?" I laughed and thought, I HOPE that was a joke...but it wasn't. Seriously! Who does that!?! I hope that poor girl said no! Shoot, I would. Tell him no, and MAYBE I'll think about it if you think about proposing properly. Imagine telling the grandkids the story of how grandad and gramma got engaged. "Well, sonny, gramma & I had just gotten out of class in the JSB on Valentine's Day when..." Ugh...getting nauseated and disturbed just thinking about it.
Later that night in my yoga class, my instructor was commenting how probably not a lot of people would be there because of it being Valentine's Day and all, and I said only us lonely folk would be here. And she so happy and all-encouraging like said, "Don't worry. It'll happen for you." Yeah, right, as soon as your mom gets down the size of a regular Target as opposed to a Super-Target, that's when "it'll happen for me."
Heh. I'm bitter.

13 comments:

  1. A good swat on the rump will attract any guy.

    Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. note to self: swat jon on the rump...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again with the purpose of this blog . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's all this about swating butts? don't you guys know how to answer bitterness with bitterness?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i, myself hate arbour day. what with the trees and all. i'm supposed to celebrate plants now??
    psh... i don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I please be there when you swat Jon on the butt Erika?
    That's picture worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I didn't know we were supposed to answer with bitterness. Um...how's this...There are 35 people (34 girls, 1 guy) in my 473 class. 8 of us are single. Yes, 8. Don't minorities get scholarships?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. I should try that one. Apparently I don't qualify as a minority on any other terms

    ReplyDelete
  9. I slapped Jon on thee butt monday night at FHE...and THAT reminds me of the time when John slapped Leah on the butt...now THAT was picture worthy and to quote Leah, "It's like being gropped by Jimmy Steward!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine wasn't a slap. It was a genuine clutch, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know. There's something about the butt caress that beats all other forms of butt touchage. I can't believe I just said that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The butt caress? How would you know, Erika? Did Jon ask you to marry him in the JSB while caressing your butt?

    ReplyDelete